Manchester United, Buriram United top soccer favourites in Thai pre-season survey

As the fervent anticipation for the 2023-24 football season begins to resonate amongst followers in Thailand, a recent survey divulges that Manchester United from the English Premier League, and Buriram United from Thai League 1, are the gang favourites. This comes from a analysis research conducted by the famend National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA).
The examine, which ran between July 13 and 19, utilised phone interviews to assemble knowledge from 2,500 folks. Illegal , from age 15 upwards, had been derived from diversified backgrounds by way of education, occupational standing, and revenue brackets. The survey aimed to glean insights into their viewpoints on the approaching 2023-24 soccer season of each the English Premier League and Thai League 1.
When requested concerning the English Premier League, the survey revealed that simply over 61% of the respondents kept a eager eye on the league’s development, leaving close to 39% uninterested. Upon closer inspection of the avid football followers – 1,538 surveyed – nearly 85% admitted to sporadic consideration towards the matches, whereas approximately 15% have been devoted followers.
When it got here to people’s favorite groups, Manchester United emerged triumphant with 34.59% backing them, intently followed by Liverpool with 31.79%. Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal trailed behind with 7.09%, 5.72% and 5.27% respectively. Additional teams like Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur and others made up a slender 1.37%. However, 14.17% indicated no specific desire.
Switching focus to the Thai League 1, respondents demonstrated a smaller, albeit important, interest with 53.80% acknowledging following the league. Of these followers (all 1,345 of them) almost 91% claimed to intermittently watch the games, contrasting to nearly 9% who frequently adopted the league. Unsurprisingly, Buriram United bagged the top spot, garnering 36.13% support, whereas Port FC and Muang Thong United claimed the next spots with 12.49% and 11.67% respectively.
True Bangkok United, Ratchaburi FC, together with others shaped a minuscule three.88%. While the scene revealed numerous allegiances, a noteworthy 21.19% chose to not favour any specific staff..

Leave a Comment